Boffin Solutions provides scientific and petroleum engineering consulting services, with emphasis on finite element modeling of fluid flow coupled to relevant phenomena, for systems of complex geometries.
Subsurface Computational Analysis using COMSOL Multiphysics
- Free-channel and porous media flow, including fractured reservoirs
- Single- and two-phase flow (immiscible fluids and dispersed particles)
- Non-Darcy flow
- Heat transfer
- Solute transport
- Reservoir-wellbore interface
- Proppants and well sand control
- Rock and fluid physics
- atomic, molecular and optical physics
- density functional theory
Ionut Prodan is the Principal of Boffin Solutions. Prior to founding the consultancy, he had worked for Shell and Marathon Oil in upstream R&D. He earned his doctorate in physics from Rice University in Houston, Texas, where he conducted research work on photo-association of ultra-cold atoms and on computational solid state chemistry.